Worship Through Song
Music moves the heart and feeds the soul. If this is a particular talent of yours, or you just love to sing, we invite you to sing with us. We have everything from amateurs to world-class musicians. They all share a contagious enthusiasm for the beauty and power of music in worship.
Contact Cherie Brooks, Director of Music, email@example.com
Special artists: worship services often include special guests from both within and outside of the congregation. Instrumentalists, smaller vocal ensembles, and more...
- Dave Powers & Friends, June 4
- Jason Keefer, organist: June 25, July 2, July 16, July 30, Aug. 13
SUMMER SPECIAL MUSIC - Contact Cherie if you would like to present special music at the 8:30am or 11am services during June, July, and August. With the Chancel Choir on summer sabbatical, it is a perfect opportunity to share your talent with all of us!
Covenant Presbyterian has a few options to express yourself through music:
Chancel Choir: Off for the summer (Begins rehearsing in the fall Thur. nights at 7pm.
• Pickup Sunday Aug. 20. Be at church by 10:15am in the choir room to practice a simple song. We’ll present it as a choir at the 11am service. If you’ve been interested in singing with the choir, come “try us out.”
• Thurs., Aug. 24, 7pm. Regular Thursday choir rehearsals start again.
• Open House, Thurs., Aug. 31, 7pm. Check out what we do. We’ll start performing again on Sun., Sept. 3 for the 11am service. Come sing with us! All voices welcome.
Campanile Bell Choir: rehearses Tuesday nights at 6:15.
Contact Nancy Davidson, Campanile Handbell Ensemble Director
- An Invitation to Learn How to Ring Handbells, Tues., June 13, 6:15-7:30pm, Sanctuary Want to see what ringing handbells is all about? Want to learn something new and have fun doing it? Learn how to take two handbells and make music together. Come and join us on Let Nan Davidson know you are coming.
Joyful Noise Choir and Bell Choir: preschool and elementary aged children rehearse Sundays during Wiggle Worship and Treasure Finders. (See Children's Ministry). Katie Wynkoop will work with our Treasure Finder kids (ages 3 - 5th grade) each week at 10:10am after they leave Gathering in Fellowship Hall. Wiggle Worship children from our 11am service will also have choir practice with Katie. Stay tuned to your email and church communications for updates from Katie Wynkoop about the start of rehearsals at the end of the summer.