Acceptance, encouragement, fun, and lots of love.
Teenagers want a place where they are accepted as they truly are - no pretense, no facades. This is where they can share their worlds, their struggles, the things that make them laugh. They do service work, both locally, nationally, even internationally sometimes.
Youth Groups start at 10:00 Gathering. After that they go to explore the bible as they connect it to their world.
Sunday Evenings (During the school year)
Note: 8th graders may attend either/both Verge and/or High School Youth Group
--- Verge (grades 5-8), unless otherwise specified, 4-5:30pm
--- YG (Youth Group) (grades 8-12), unless otherwise specified, 5:30-7:30pm
We have a new joint venture with Boulevard Presbyterian Church with planned events twice a month, one with Boulevard and one with just our youth group. When we don’t have a planned event, we’d love to have you come volunteer with Verge and stay for F3 (Fellowship, Friends and Food).
Fun in the Summer Sun (Contact Shea about any of these events)
- June 18-23, Service Trip to Bayou la Batre, AL: The Alabama Mission trip is a week-long service trip with Youthworks in Bayou la Batre, AL. We’ll help with cleanup and construction work in a community that was ravished by Katrina and then the BP oil spill. We’ll spend Mon.-Fri. working during the day and joining other teams in fun activities at night. On the way back from Alabama, we’ll stay Fri. night at Downtown Presbyterian Church in Nashville, TN. The next morning, Sat. 24, we’ll serve breakfast and then head back to Columbus.
- Sun., June 25, 2pm, Clippers game Verge @ Columbus Clippers. We have 12 spots available. Please RSVP to email@example.com
- Thur., July 6, 5pm meet at the church, Verge & High Schoolers: Summer Lock-In
Food, games, movies, and all the shenanigans that are expected with such an event!
- July 24-28, VBS (volunteer opportunity)
- Tues., Aug. 8, Ice Cream and Fun in the Park
Also, this summer we'll be doing a book study with high schoolers meeting weekly to discuss the book What Is the Bible by Rob Bell.
Stay In Touch
- Get reminders by texting @covy to 81010
- Like us on Facebook: Covenant Presbyterian Youth
- Read Our Ministry Architects Report on Youth and Young Adult Ministry